Tuesday, July 17, 2007

what does age *feel* like, anyway

and other ponderables

I was watching some mind numbing ten years younger makeover show, and there's this woman who's 42, and everyone thinks she's 48. She starts crying. "I don't *feel* 48"

Uh. Okay, really. What makes 48 all that different from 42? I know 37 doesn't feel all that different from 30, except I'm grumpier and more tired... It's like my dad. He's 75. Everyone but me tells him he doesn't look it or act it. And he says, what's 75 supposed to be? Shrugs

Then there's the whole rampant and unnecessary curiosity thing. Oh, it's human nature. I have it to some extent, though as I age, I find I care less about what other people are doing in a serious way, and am content to see what they do on the street...

I suppose it bothers me most in context of the business. I don't see why it's anyone's affair what we do internally. And I don't mean anything that applies to an author wanting to know about their stuff, but instead people who aren't affiliated with the business asking folks who are for information they really have no need of. Despite my library background, I *don't* feel like just because they ask that they need to know...

On the good side, there's very little that bacon and honey biscuits can't make better ;)

3 comments:

Auntie Pooh said...

*pokes*

I don't know... 37 seems *much* older than 36...

*grins evilly*

L said...

biiiitch

Unknown said...

I just turned 38. Getting closer to the big 40 looming on the horizon does make it feel a bit different than 37, but overall, chasing my two-year-old around does a *much* better job of reminding me how old I am than the numbers do. ;-)