Wednesday, February 25, 2009

professional courtesy

You know, a little courtesy goes a long way.

If you're sending me a professional email? Treat me like a human being. A salutation, a 'hey I have a quick question"... these things go a lot farther with making me want to help you than a terse 'you suck because bye'

Even if you think I'm trying to fuck you, which if you know anything about me you know I'm mistake prone and absent minded but not an asshole, you can give me the benefit of the doubt, just like I do you, even if you've done nothing but bad-mouth me. You can also give me the benefit of acting like this is a job, and treating me like you would anyone at your day job...

Of course, maybe you ARE treating me like you do everyone. If that's the case? I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with you more than I do

1 comment:

Liz said...

*hugs* So very well-said, hun.

(Why yes, it IS inhumane to be up this early. O.o)