Tuesday, August 12, 2008

axe grinding and better stuff

everyone has an axe to grind. I have them. Just ask S. I hate the new Olympic swimmer bodysuits. I hate the gymnastics scoring. I loathe the Subway commercials that go on and on about how eating anywhere else makes you a fat slob that needs more deodorant...

Do you think Subway cares?

This is what I have to tell myself. When you start a business, especially a small, grassroots one, you don't expect those people with axes to grind. You tell yourself that you've never done a thing to them, so what's the deal?

Well, hell, Nike's never done a thing to me, and I still hate their swimming unitard.

In better news, I'm on the (modified, as I'm not allergic to wheat) eating plan with S and L and even A, and my sugars are down from averaging 600-800 to 300 ish. In a week and a half, with no meds. I've also lost 6 pounds, and the puppies are halfway to being leash trained, which they were sadly lacking. I still have issues, for sure. I have a lot of unhealthy habits, but you know, I'm getting there.

At least I hope I am. Some days just seem tougher than others.

2 comments:

AT said...

I kind of hate Nike's freaky-ass split-toes devil-shoes, but I totally get that's my irrational squick and they probably aren't manufacturing footwear with the intent of driving me nuts. Most of the time. Probably.

But - yes - hurray for the good stuff. Onward, ever onward!

Unknown said...

Go you!

:D